RTI (www.rti.org) is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition.
Chief of Party – Kosovo New Energy Activity
Around the globe, RTI is working to develop and implement low emission energy technology alternatives, raise private financing for energy infrastructure, work with governments on legal and regulatory reforms to alleviate bottlenecks in energy generation and consumption, and increasing access to green energy to sustain economic growth and reduce poverty. We have a track record supporting USAID in Eastern Europe and serve as a chosen partner for USAID’s Power Africa program in sub-Sahara Africa. We are looking to continue our support to energy reforms in Kosovo.
RTI is seeking a Chief of Party for an anticipated upcoming USAID energy project in Kosovo. The goal of the USAID Kosovo New Energy Activity is to improve Kosovo’s energy security by strengthening the capacity and sustainability of local institutions to advance energy market development and regional integration and to facilitate investments in infrastructure. This will be a senior level position, and candidates should have a proven track record of leadership and the ability to navigate complex political environments.
- Responsible for overall management of the project including technical, administrative, financial, operational and logistical management.
- Provide overall project vision and leadership, manage overall project design and delivery.
- Liaise with USAID and RTI home office on technical and financial matters; implementation of and reporting on programming.
- Foster and maintain effective, professional relations with a broad range of government counterparts, local organizations, donors and other stakeholders for successful implementation.
- Oversees preparation and delivery of high-quality reports to USAID, including quarterly and annual reports, and other reports required by the contract. This includes providing project data and information, reviewing documents for accuracy, and writing relevant sections as agreed with the home office.
- Ensure synergies across technical components of the project; ensures good team planning, coordination, deployment of resources, and intra-team communication in support of project objectives
Required Minimum Qualification and Experience:
- Master’s degree and 10 years of progressively responsible experience and expertise to successfully achieve meaningful and sustainable results in energy security, increasing energy diversification, and expanding energy access. Technical expertise in energy markets, policy, and private sector investment.
- Extensive and substantive experience working with counterparts at various levels of government, as well as with non-government and regional organizations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong technical expertise, superb management skills, and exceptional writing and communications skills in English.
- Possession of intellectual, communications, leadership, and managerial skills necessary to develop, articulate and implement a strategic vision for the project.
- Chief of Party experience in Eastern Europe with similar size and scope preferred.
- Experience leading a donor-funded project preferred.
- Experience working in Kosovo preferred.
To apply, please email your CV/resume to RTIEnergy@rti.org English language CV’s required. Please put ONLY the Job Title in the subject line.
RTI offers competitive compensation and benefits and robust home office project support. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. RTI International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.